Montana Tech

Montana Tech traces its roots to the enabling act that granted statehood to the people of Montana. In that act, the United States Congress set aside 100,000 acres to establish and maintain a school of mines. In 1900, the Montana State School of Mines opened its doors. In 1965, the school underwent a name change to the Montana College of Mineral Science and Technology. On January 21, 1994, the Board of Regents adopted a plan to restructure the entire Montana University System followed by adoption of a resolution on July 6, 1995 initiating a second phase. This restructuring created the Montana University System and gave the college its new name, Montana Tech of The University of Montana. It also assigned to Montana Tech what had been the Butte Vocational-Technical Center and what is now the Montana Tech of The University of Montana College of Technology (COT).

Partners

MSU IoE Office

Montana State University
605 Leon Johnson Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717
(406) 994-2374
MSU Director: Cathy Whitlock

UM IoE Office

The Universityi of Montana

The University of Montana
Davidson Honors College
Missoula, MT 59812
(406) 243-6058
UM Director: Maury Valett

 

Montana University System

Montana University System

Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education
2500 Broadway Street
Helena, MT 59620
406-444-6570